★★★★★ 2 votes5
·1 ( 16 oz ) package elbow macaroni
·1 pound ground chuck
·1 pound shredded american cheese
·2 cups milk, approximately
·1 1/2 lemons
·salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
·1/2 tsp. oregano
How to Make Greek Pastica
- Cook macaroni until barely done ( pasta should be firm in order to hold the custard)
- Brown meat and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Layer alternately in a 9 x 12-inch baking dish the macaroni, meat and cheese.
- Squeeze lemons over casserole.
- Beat eggs and add milk to bowl.
- Pour over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or longer until custard is set.
- This may be served warm or room temperature. It freezes well.