★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 ( 16 oz ) package elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound shredded american cheese
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk, approximately
- 1 1/2 lemons
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
How to Make Greek Pastica
- 1Cook macaroni until barely done ( pasta should be firm in order to hold the custard)
- 2Brown meat and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- 3Layer alternately in a 9 x 12-inch baking dish the macaroni, meat and cheese.
- 4Squeeze lemons over casserole.
- 5Beat eggs and add milk to bowl.
- 6Pour over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 7Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or longer until custard is set.
- 8This may be served warm or room temperature. It freezes well.