Great Grandmother's Sunday Roast !
Sure do miss Sunday dinners with Great Grandmother!
This is not my photo, but one from the internet.
- 1 large
- 10 pound rump roast
- stalk celery, washed, separated and cut large
- 5 lb
- onions, peeled and cut in quarters
- 5 lb
- carrots, peeled and cut large
- 25 large
- potatoes, washed, quartered
- bulb fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 qt
How to Make Great Grandmother's Sunday Roast !
- 1In large skillet, place two tablespoons olive oil. Heat skillet very hot and place the roast in to brown the meat on all sides. Put enough water into the pan to get all the drippings. Add the dripping to the roast pan.
- 2Put meat in large roaster pan. Cook covered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove the lid from roaster, surround the meat with all of the vegetables. Put about 1 quart of water into the pan (more if needed) and cover. Put the lid back on the roaster and cook for 45 minutes.
- 3When the roast and the veggies are done, Make a cornstarch gravy.