Granny's Five Hour Beef Stew
The only difference in my version is the cream of mushroom soup and the green beans. Since my husband detests anything with celery, I made the soup substitution. He also requested that I add the green beans.
Hope you enjoy!
P.S. I will post pics next time I make it.
3 to 4 lbstew beef
2 lbbaby carrots
2 can(s)tomato soup (family size)
2 can(s)cream of mushroom soup (family size)
2 can(s)cut green beans
·salt and pepper
How to Make Granny's Five Hour Beef Stew
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim excessive amounts of fat from beef, but leave some for flavor. Cube into about 3/4 or 1 inch pieces.
- Peel and cube potatoes into about 3/4 or 1 inch pieces.
- Cut baby carrots in half, if smaller pieces are desired - I leave mine whole.
- In a large roasting pan, thoroughly combine all four cans of soup.
NOTE: for those of you that don't like mushrooms: use 4 small cans of cream of celery - either way tastes good to me!
- Add beef, potatoes, carrots, and a few shakes of salt and pepper to soup; mix well.
- Cover and bake for 4 hours, stirring about every 30 to 45 minutes.
- Drain water, then add corn, peas, and green beans.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, stirring about every 15 minutes.
- Serve with rolls or biscuits.