11) Core and put cabbage in boiling water until leaves begin to separate. Cool and set aside.
2) Combine rice, hamburger and garlic. Mix well.
3) Separate cabbage leaves and put about 3 tablespoons of the rice mixture in the middle of a cabbage leaf. Roll up and secure with toothpick.
Set aside the stuffed cabbage leaves.
4) In large pot, place the saurkraut, left-over cabbage that has been chopped, and the canned tomatoes.
5) On top of the saurkraut mixture, place the stuffed cabbage.
6) Cover and cook on top of the stove, simmering slowly, for approximately 2 hours.
7) Serve with mashed potatoes.