1 1/2 lbground beef
2/3 coatmeal, uncooked
1/4 cwhite onions, diced
1/2 cgreen pepper, diced
4 ozbutton mushroom, thinly-medium sliced
1 tspblack pepper, freshly ground
2 1/2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Grandma's Meatloaf
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Mix wet ingredients in a mixing bowl with vegetables.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour dry ingredients into mixing bowl with wet ingredients and mix together.
- Place meatloaf mixture on a greased cookie sheet. I like to cook my Meatloaf on a cookie sheet rather than in a meatloaf dish (more room for that yummy caramelized ketchup!). I spread it somewhat thin (perhaps an inch high) and then smother in ketchup to taste. I use enough ketchup to get it nice and caramelized and still have a slight bit of juiciness underneath.
- Put on the lower oven rack and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until meat is thoroughly cooked and ketchup is nice a caramelized.