Grandma's Beef Stroganoff
On separate occasions I have added beer or wine to this dish. Both are great. Red wine is my preference...and of course OPTIONAL.
Sidenote: my husband despises mushrooms. So I used Campbell Cream Mushroom Soup instead of a can of mushrooms. Hubby can handle that and deeply loves this dish too.
- round steak - sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 c
- soy sauce
- 1/3 c
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- minced dried onion
- 1 can(s)
- cream mushroom soup or canned mushrooms
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 box
- beef broth
- egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil
How to Make Grandma's Beef Stroganoff
- 1At medium-high heat, warm stock pot or dutch oven. Slice up steak into think strips. Season meat with garlic powder, minced onion, lemon pepper, salt and pepper. Toss meat in flour then shake off excess flour. Add oil to heated pot and add seasoned steak.
- 2Once meat is browned, add sauces and seasoning; ketchup, minced onion, minced garlic, beef broth, (beer or red wine-adds great flavor). Cook for 1hr to 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Boil egg noodles. Follow box directions. Drain and set aside.
Once meat is tender, mix warm water and flour in a measuring cup or coffee cup for thickening. Pour over the meat and sauce and stir till desired thickness.
Remove pot from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve up over a plate of cooked noodles and mm-mm-mmmm yummy!!!