Grandma Busch's Mexican Steak
I guarantee you love it despite the name being misleading.
3 lbboneless chuck roast
1 tspkosher salt
·freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 Tbspdried parsley
3-4 lbcarrots, peeled and sliced
2 largeonions, sliced
4 smallcans tomato soup or 2 family size
How to Make Grandma Busch's Mexican Steak
- Salt and pepper chuck roast and place in roasting pan. While preparing carrots and onions oven brown the roast at 400-degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lower temperature to 350-degrees.
- Add sliced carrots, onion slices, undiluted tomato soup and parsley in that order.
- Return to oven and roast for 1 1/2 hours until roast is tender.
- This dish is best served with mashed potatoes. We serve the tomato soup gravy with the carrots over the top of the mashed potatoes. Something happens with the tomato soup and carrots that is unbelievable. The carrots sweeten the tomato soup and the soup tenderizes the chuck roast.
- Just writing about this is making my mouth water and reminds of good times at my grandmother's. I just wish she had lived long enough for the two of us to cook together.