Grandma Busch's Mexican Steak
I guarantee you love it despite the name being misleading.
- 3 lb
- boneless chuck roast
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- dried parsley
- 3-4 lb
- carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large
- onions, sliced
- 4 small
- cans tomato soup or 2 family size
How to Make Grandma Busch's Mexican Steak
- 1Salt and pepper chuck roast and place in roasting pan. While preparing carrots and onions oven brown the roast at 400-degrees for about 30 minutes.
- 2Remove from oven and lower temperature to 350-degrees.
- 3Add sliced carrots, onion slices, undiluted tomato soup and parsley in that order.
- 4Return to oven and roast for 1 1/2 hours until roast is tender.
- 5This dish is best served with mashed potatoes. We serve the tomato soup gravy with the carrots over the top of the mashed potatoes. Something happens with the tomato soup and carrots that is unbelievable. The carrots sweeten the tomato soup and the soup tenderizes the chuck roast.
- 6Just writing about this is making my mouth water and reminds of good times at my grandmother's. I just wish she had lived long enough for the two of us to cook together.