grab a plate & growl beef or lamb stew
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 lb.
- beef or lamb stew meat, cut into 2" cubes
- 3 tbs
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tbs
- cooking oil
- 2 cups
- 1/2 cup
- onion, chopped
- 1 - 2
- cloves garlic, minced
- cup celery, cut in 2" pieces
- large carrots, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 cup
- frozen peas or green beans
- 1 tbs
- each catsup, worcrestershire sauce, and parsley, chopped
How to Make grab a plate & growl beef or lamb stew
- 1Combine flour, salt and pepper in a paper bag. Shake meat cubes in seasoned flour until well coated. Heat oil in skillet to medium high and brown meat well on all sides, turning occasionally.
- 2When browned, stir in any remaining flour mixture and add water, onion, garlic and celery. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 1 hour or more, until meat is almost tender.
- 3A half hour before serving, add carrots and peas. Bring to a boil again, reduce heat and stir in catsup, worcstershire and pasrsley. Simmer, covered, for one half hour. Lift meat and veggies onto serving platter and thicken pan broth with flour and water if desired.