Goulash, American Style
*Some of the things that are great to add are: Mushrooms, Kielbasa or Italian Sausage, Hot Peppers, Little Smokies, wieners to name just a few. Come up with your own and let me know what you added.
1 1/2 lbground chuck
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 mediumgreen bell pepper, chopped
1 tspgarlic powder
1 1/8 tspsalt
1/2 tspground pepper
1 can(s)tomato paste (small)
2 can(s)tomato sauce (small)
1 can(s)diced tomatoes (regular size and undrained)
1 boxelbow macaroni, cooked & drained
How to Make Goulash, American Style
- In a large saucepan, cook elbow macaroni pasta, following directions on the box.
- Saute onions and peppers in two tablespoons of margarine or Olive Oil..., in a large skilled, until almost transparent. Remove and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in the same skillet, until well cooked. Add the onions and peppers back in the pan.
- Add in the remainder of the ingredients. Bring back to a boil and simmer on low for 20 minutes. I add a couple of tablespoons of ketchup into mine....
- Drain pasta and add to the goulash....Serve with garlic bread and a tossed salad. Yummy, easy and quick!