Girl Scout Tacos
- 2 lb
- large white onion, chopped
- 1.25 oz package taco seasoning mix
- 15-oz cans ranch-style beans
- 9.25-oz bag of original flavor fritos corn chips
- 3 c
- chopped or shredded lettuce
- large tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Girl Scout Tacos
- 1Brown hamburger in Dutch oven over medium heat. When hamburger is just barely pink, add onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add taco seasoning along with 1/4 cup of water and both cans of beans. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2To serve, place handful of Fritos on plate, and top with meat-bean mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato and cheese to taste. Happy Eating!
- 3NOTE: This recipe is written for home kitchen preparation. This recipe tastes best when prepared over an open fire. However, use care when cooking with open flames. I recommend using long-handled cooking utensils. Also, when using regular cooking pots over an open fire, an old Girl Scout trick is to lightly coat the OUTSIDE of the pan with a bit of regular dishwashing soap (i.e. Dawn, Palmolive, etc.) to facilitate easy washing.