German Frikadellen ( Burgers)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 3 slice
- 1 large
- finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp
- maggie seasoning or worchester sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- plain bread crumbs
How to Make German Frikadellen ( Burgers)
- 1Soak Bread slices in warm water for about 5 minutes.
Chop onion & parsley while bread is soaking
When bread is soft squeeze water out of bread ( this will help bind the meat)
- 2Place all ingredient into large mixing bowl.
( I use both hands, just like Mom & Oma did)
Mix all ingredients together until a sticky-dough like consistency is obtained.
- 3Heat Olive Oil in skillet on medium heat.
Form small burgers and place carefully into hot oil. ( if mixture is too sticky, add some breadcrumbs)
Let each side cook about 8 minutes or until well done.
- 4The Frikadellen can be served on a Hardroll with Ketchup and some thinly sliced onion, to taste.
or the can be served with Fried Potatoes and green Salad.