Garlic Mushroom Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 16 large
- 1/2 lb
- small mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 c
- garlic, finely minced
- 1 c
- almonds, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 2 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 c
- swiss or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Garlic Mushroom Casserole
- 1Trim large mushrooms; discard ends.
- 2Remove stems and chop together with small mushrooms.
- 3Saute garlic, chopped mushrooms and almonds in half the butter until well done.
- 4Add beef and cook until done.
- 5Add 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs and mix thoroughly.
- 6Line bottom of greased casserole, 8 large mushrooms, open side up.
- 7Press sauteed mixture firmly over mushrooms.
- 8Use remaining 8 large mushrooms to cover the sauteed mixture, placed open side down.
- 9Sprinkle with grated swiss or mozzarella cheese, remaining bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- 10Dot with remining half of the butter.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until mushrooms instead of ground meat.
- 12Add extra 1/2 pound butter for moisture.