Garden Swiss Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbbeef round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1 Tbspcooking oil
1/2 tspinstant beef bouillon
6tiny whole carrots or 2 medium, sliced
1 smallzucchini, sliced
1/4 tspdried dill
1 smalltomato, peeled, cored, cut into wedges
How to Make Garden Swiss Steak
- Cut meat into 2 serving size pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; pound thoroughly into meat, using meat mallet.
- In 8 inch skillet brown meat and onion in hot oil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add water and beef bouillon granules.
- Return to heat and simmer, covered, for 35 minutes.
- Add carrots; cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add zucchini and dillweed; sprinkly with additional salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking about 5 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato wedges to meat mixture and heat.