- 2 lb
- ground chuck
- 1/2 lb
- 4 slice
- sharp cheddar(block cheese)
- envelope of onion soup mix
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- sleeve of saltine crackers
- 1 large
- 4 c
- stiff mashed potatoes
How to Make Frosted Meatloaf
- 1In a skillet fry bacon until done to your likeness. Set on paper towel.
In a food processor chop the saltines until fine crumbs.
Preheat oven to 350^
- 2In a large mixing bowl and ground chuck, onion soup mix,& cracker crumbs. In a small bowl whisk together eggs, brown sugar, and ketchup. pour into meat mixture and mash with your hands until it's mixed well.
- 3In a 9x5 bread pan, fill half full with meat mixture. Pat down until smooth and firm. Lay down cooked bacon to cover the top. Lay sharp cheddar cheese on top of bacon, then another layer of cooked bacon. Put remaining meat mixture over bacon. Pat down till smooth and firm.
- 4Bake for 30 minutes. Mean while make the mashed potatoes according to package directions. With a bit more potato flakes added to make a thicker texture.
- 5When meatloaf is done. Remove meat from the loaf pan and cool a bit on a wire rack with paper towel underneath to catch any grease dripping from the meat.
- 6Take mashed potatoes and a rubber spatula and spread mashed potatoes and frost the meatloaf top and sides. Present on a cake platter or serving dish.
- 7* can also be cooked in an 8x8 square baking dish.