Kotlety - Polish Patties
When we were kids my mom would make these as a snack, even; she would put them all on a big plate, leave them out on the counter and they would stay warm, but cool down enough where we could just grab them with our hands and eat them as is.
4 Tbspvegetable oil
1 Tbspunsalted butter
2 large slicewhite bread (or 3 slices regular-size / smaller slices of bread
2medium yellow onions
1 lbground beef
1/2 tspdried parsley
How to Make Kotlety - Polish Patties
- Soak the bread in a bowl with a cup or two of cold water..enough to make it moist. Set aside.
- Finely dice both onions. Put half of onion in big mixing bowl.
- Grab handfuls of wet bread, squeezing out excess water, and add to onion in bowl. Mix all together loosely. Set aside.
- Sautee the other half of the onions in 1 Tbs. butter. Add to mixing bowl with the bread.
- Add rest of ingredients (except for the oil). Mash together with wet hands.