French Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbbeef chuck, boneless
1 can(s)onion soup, condensed
1green bell pepper, sliced
How to Make French Pot Roast
- Trim excess fat from roast; rub beef well with flour; brown in oil in a large skillet or an electric slow cooker.
- Place meat in slow cooker; pour onion soup over; cover cooker.
- Cook on Low for 10 hours or on High for 5 hours, or until meat is tender when pierced with a two tined fork.
- Place green pepper rings on roast to steam during last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove meat and pepper rings to heated serving platter; keep hot while making gravy from juices.
- Turn heat to high.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup cold water in a cup to make a smooth paste.
- Stir into slow cooker; cover; cook 15 minutes; taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.