French Onion Cubed Steak
- cubed, beef steaks
- 1/2 pkg
- dried french onion soup mix (use other half on before-mentioned new potatoes)
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- red wine
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make French Onion Cubed Steak
- 1Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper, to your taste. Then dredge steaks in flour, covering completely and patting to make sure flour sticks to meat.
- 2Melt butter in large, non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Place steaks in melted butter and brown on both sides. Sprinkle onion soup mixture over the steaks, followed by water and wine. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Thin with more water, if needed.
- 3Serve while hot, covering with the gravy.