French Onion Beef Bread Pudding Casserole
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- ketchup or chili sauce
- 6 large
- 10 oz
- can condensed french onion soup
- 2 c
- 1 c
- shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tsp
- dried thyme, crushed between fingers
- 6 oz
- pkg. of stove top savory herbs stuffing mix, use dry
How to Make French Onion Beef Bread Pudding Casserole
- 1In a large skillet add 1 Tablespoon cooking oil and when pan is hot over medium heat add the ground beef and cook until it begins to brown; add in the 1/2 cup onion, worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Cook until meat and onions are cooked. Remove skillet from heat.
- 2Heat oven to 350^. Spray a 9x13- inch casserole dish or 2 quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside.
- 3Beat the eggs, soup, milk, 1/2 cup of the cheese and 1 teaspoon of the thyme in a large bowl with a fork. Add the dry stuffing mix and the ground beef mixture.
- 4Stir and press the dry stuffing into the milk mixture to coat.
Pour the meat/stuffing mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and thyme.(You can add more cheese ,if desired).Let stand for 15 minutes. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Not 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables can be added to the ground beef mixture,if desired.