French Bread Pizza
1tube pillsbury french bread dough (next to the pizza crust roll in the cooler section.)
8 oz96% lean ground beef (i find this at walmart - 4 gr fat per 4 oz serving)
14 1/2 ozcan of fire roasted tomatoes (drained and lightly squeezed dry)
1 smallcan of sliced mushrooms, drained very well
1 cfrozen pepper and onion blend
1 jar(s)ragu homestyle pizza sauce
24 slicehormel turkey pepperoni
3/4 ckraft fat free cheddar cheese - shredded
3/4 ckraft 2% mozzarella cheese - shredded
How to Make French Bread Pizza
- preheat oven to 400*. while oven is heating, start frying the ground beef and peppers/onions blend together.
- while beef is browning, drain tomatoes and mushrooms, and open french bread tube.
- spray a large cookie sheet with pan spray, and CAREFULLY find the edge of the bread roll (it looks like a "seam"). unroll the bread and lay it on your baking sheet. you may have to "patch a hole or two", or stretch the dough gently to fit your pan.
- pour the pizza sauce over the dough, then start layering the ingredients, sprinkling the fire-roasted tomatoes, and mushrooms over the whole pizza evenly.
- take the two shredded cheeses and pour them into a bowl together. mix them up with your hands, then top pizza (this seems to distribute the fat/nonfat cheese more evenly, and the melt on the pizza is good).
- bake for 15 minutes and cut into 12 large pieces to enjoy! the count for this pizza per slice is: 165 calories, 3.5 grams fat, 19 grams total carbs! serve with a side salad and feel like you've splurged...