Flip Yer Biscuits !!!
My daughter Noel said, "Look mama, I just flipped my biscuit!" That is why we named this recipe "Flip Yer Biscuits !!!"
My grandchildren love this, and in my book... that is a real plus!
So always remember... "Flip Yer Biscuits !!!"
LAYER # 1 STEW
2 largecans beef stew
1 pkgbrown gravy mix
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1 cfrozen peas (thawed) (can use canned)
LAYER # 2 CHEESE
12 sliceamerican cheese, melting cheese or 8 ounces of shredded cheese
LAYER # 3 BISCUITS
124 inch home made biscuits (or two refrigerator grands)
1 Tbspbutter or margarine to rub on the top of biscuits
How to Make Flip Yer Biscuits !!!
- Open the cans of beef stew. Pour them into a large sauce pan. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil. Reduce to low simmmer and stir occationally.
- Make biscuits according to your recipe. Bake until pale golen brown.
****** if using the refrigerator biscuits don't pre cook.
- Lightly butter a 13x9 baking dish.
Pour in the hot stew.
Place the cheese singles on top of the stew.
Place a biscuit on top of the cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until stew is bubbly, cheese is melted and biscuits look golden brown.
- Use a large ladle/spoon to scoop out some stew and a biscuit into a bowl.
Flip the biscuit over!
The dry part of the biscuit top will be in the gravy.... and the melted cheese side will be facing up.