Flank Steak with Garlic Wine Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbflank steak
·salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbspunsalted butter
2 Tbspunsalted butter, softened
2 Tbspscallion, chopped
1 cdry red wine
·garlic puree made from a whole head of garlic roasted
How to Make Flank Steak with Garlic Wine Sauce
- Sprinkle flank steak with salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a wide heavy skillet.
- Do not add fat.
- When hot, cook seasoned steak until seared and well browned on each side (about 1 minute per side).
- Reduce heat and add 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- For best results, the meat should be quite rare.
- Remove the meat from the pan and keep warm.
- Pour off the fat in the skillet and add the scallions and red wine.
- Bring to a boil and whisk in the garlic puree.
- Boil until the wine is reduced by half, thickened and syrupy.
- As it boils, scrape up the browned bits in the skillet with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the meat juices that have accumulated unter the flank steak.
- Boil for 1 or 2 seconds more.
- Remove from the heat.
- Gently swirl in the 2 tablespoons softened butter so that it incorporates into the wine.
- Quickly slice the meat, against the grain, into thin strips.
- Arrange the slices on a hot platter, pour sauce down the center of them and serve at once.