Fisk Fall Chili
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 28 oz. can sliced stewed tomatoes
- 28 oz. can kidney beans
- 14.5 oz. can pinto beans
- green pepper - diced
- cloves garlic
- white or yellow onion
- 4-5 Tbsp
- chili seasoning
- 6-7 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 pinch
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional for topping))
- spoon of sour cream (optional for topping if desired)
- oyster soup crackers (if desired)
How to Make Fisk Fall Chili
- 1Brown ground beef with onions (diced) and garlic (sliced or diced). Drain.
- 2Add tomatoes and water to large stew pot. Add in drained ground beef mixture. Add in beans, green pepper, chili seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 3Bring to a boil and then turn down heat to low and let simmer for an hour or more. After simmering for a bit do a taste test and add more chili seasoning if needed. If time, turn off heat and let steep. Reheat prior to eating. Top with shredded cheese and/or a dollop of sour cream if desired. Serve with warm bread or oyster soup crackers.
- 4For a lighter version you can use ground turkey instead of ground beef.