By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 8 lb
- whole brisket
- 2 large
- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large
- onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 pkg
- onion soup mix
- 1 bottle
- chili sauce
- 1 can(s)
- 3 slice
- corn rye bread
How to Make Fireside Brisket
- 1Rub brisket with garlic and place on bed of chopped onions in a roasting pan with a tight fitting cover.
- 2Over the brisket place the following in this order: pepper, worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, chili sauce and beer.
- 3Lay carrots in the pan around brisket.
- 4Tear bread into small pieces and tuck under the brisket, so liquid is covering the bread.
- 5Cover and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for one hour.
- 6Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees and braise another 2 to 2.5 hours or until tender.
- 7Remove from oven and let stand until cool.
- 8Remove meat and slice.
- 9Arrange meat slices and carrots on oven-proof platter; cover with foil.
- 10To make gravy: Take the bread, half the onions and 2 cups liquid from roasting pan.
- 11Place in blender or food processor and process until blended.
- 12Return mixture to pan and blend with remaining liquid.
- 13About 1/2 hour before serving, reheat meat and carrots with half the gravy.
- 14Pour remainder in gravy boat and pass separately.