By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 lbwhole brisket
2 largegarlic cloves, minced
2 largeonions, coarsely chopped
3 Tbspworcestershire sauce
2 pkgonion soup mix
1 bottlechili sauce
3 slicecorn rye bread
How to Make Fireside Brisket
- Rub brisket with garlic and place on bed of chopped onions in a roasting pan with a tight fitting cover.
- Over the brisket place the following in this order: pepper, worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, chili sauce and beer.
- Lay carrots in the pan around brisket.
- Tear bread into small pieces and tuck under the brisket, so liquid is covering the bread.
- Cover and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for one hour.
- Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees and braise another 2 to 2.5 hours or until tender.
- Remove from oven and let stand until cool.
- Remove meat and slice.
- Arrange meat slices and carrots on oven-proof platter; cover with foil.
- To make gravy: Take the bread, half the onions and 2 cups liquid from roasting pan.
- Place in blender or food processor and process until blended.
- Return mixture to pan and blend with remaining liquid.
- About 1/2 hour before serving, reheat meat and carrots with half the gravy.
- Pour remainder in gravy boat and pass separately.