☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 3/4 c
- beef stock or canned beef broth
- 3 Tbsp
- 4 6-8 oz
- filet mignon steaks (each about 1-inch thick)
- 1/4 c
- shallots, chopped
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp
- cognac or brandy
- 2 Tbsp
- green peppercorns in brine, drained
How to Make Filet Mignon with Green Peppercorn Cream Sauce
- 1Boil stock in small saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 7 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Cook steaks to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to plate (do not clean skillet).
- 3Add chopped shallots to same skillet and saute 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add reduced beef stock, 1 cup whipping cream, 3 tablespoons Cognac and green peppercorns. Boil until mixture thickens to sauce consistency, about 6 minutes.
- 4Season sauce to taste with pepper. Spoon sauce over steaks and serve.