Filet De Boeuf En Croute (Filet Mignon in Puff Pastry)
This is VERY easy to make, too!
Lovely photo taken by NcMysteryShopper. Thanks, Cheryl!!
- filet mignon steaks at least 2" thick
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, softened
- coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic, optional if you don't care for garlic
- slices muenster, swiss, havarti, or monterey jack cheese
- sheet puff pastry rolled out just a little bit
- egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
Place cheese side down onto center of pastry squares, fold pastry over, moisten edges and seal well. Place seam-side down onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick top with a fork, cover with plastic wrap, and re-chill for 1 hour.