Familys Favorite Roast
- 3 lb
- beef chuck roast
- 16 oz
- bag of baby carrots
- 1 small
- 1 pkg
- dry, beefy onion soup mix ( such as liptons )
- ribs of celery, ( chopped fine )
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste ( i don't use but a sprinkle of these, there is seasoning in the onion soup mix, be careful with the salt )
- 1 can(s)
- beef broth ( 10 1/2 oz. )
- 1 c
How to Make Familys Favorite Roast
- 1wash carrots and celery ribs - drain - chop celery. Place carrots and celery on the bottom of the crock-pot. sprinkle with sal, pepper and garlic powder. ( set aside ) Don't turn on the crock-pot till everythings in it.
- 2Heat a large skillet over Medium- High heat, with the cooking oil, while that heats cut the onion into rings and place 1/2 cup flour in a paper plate and have another paper plate for later - ( set aside )
- 3Sprinkle both sides of Roast , lightly with garlic powder, rub it in, Dredge Roast in flour and place in hot skillet , sear each side about 2 minutes a side. Take Roast from skillet and place on the clean paper plate, when roast is cool enough to touch, sprinkle 1/2 pkg. of dry onion soup on one side rubbing it in the meat as much as possaible and the other 1/2 on the other side, then place meat in the pot on top of carrots and celery.
- 4Place onion, that was cut into rings in the same skillet that roast was seared, back over medium high heat, cook untill lightly browned. take off heat and pour in the cup of water and the beef broth, scrape bottom of pan and stir to mix , then pour all of this mixture into crock-pot . ( note, you might have to add a little more oil to the pan to saute the onions ) Set crock-pot on Low - cook for 8 to 10 hours . Enjoy !!!