FAJITAS BY SALLYE
Of course, you can also use this same recipe with chicken thighs or breasts as the meat.
2 lbbeef skirt steak
1/2 colive oil
3 Tbsplime or lemon juice
1 Tbspwine vinegar
1 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspthyme (whole if available)
1 tspchili powder
2 Tbspminced dried onion
1 mediumgreen bell pepper, sliced
1 mediumred bell pepper, sliced
1 mediumwhite onion, sliced
How to Make FAJITAS BY SALLYE
- You can substitute chicken, pork, flat iron or flank steak for the skirt steak
- Combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, water and all the spices in a mixing bowl.
Whisk until mixture is well blended and smooth
- Place skirt steak in a ziplock bag
Pour spice mixture over the meat in the bag and zip the bag up tightly.
Place in refrigerator for 6-8 hours, turning every few hours so all parts of meat are marinated
- About one hour before you are ready to cook, cut up the peppers and onions.
Peel and quarter the onions, then cut into thin wedges.
Cut peppers in half, remove core, membranes and seeds then cut into thin wedges.
Place the onions and peppers in the ziplock bag with the meat and marinade.
- When ready to cook, remove from fridge and allow to set about 15 minutes before cooking
Place meat on grill and cook over hot coals about 10 minutes turning once.
Remove from grill and cover with foil and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
While cooked meat is resting, grill the peppers and onions about 5-10 minutes, checking often to keep them from burning
Remove from grill to serving dish
- Serve with flour tortillas, salsa, guacomale and/or other condiments.
Oh yeah, and plenty of napkins. Enjoy.