Excellent Steak Diane
How to Make Excellent Steak Diane
- 1Put 4 sirloin steaks, each about 6 ounces, between pieces of waxed paper and pound to a 1/3" thickness.
- 2In small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter.
- 3Add 4 tablespoons finely chopped shallots and cook until shallots are lightly browned.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce and heat to bubbling.
- 5Keep the sauce hot.
- 6Heat 6 tablespoons of butter in a 12" skillet or chafing dish.
- 7When it begins to brown, add steaks and cook for 3 minutes.
- 8Turn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer or until done to taste.
- 9Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.
- 11Spread the shallot sauce over the steaks and sprinkle with chopped parsley.