Excellent Steak Diane
How to Make Excellent Steak Diane
- Put 4 sirloin steaks, each about 6 ounces, between pieces of waxed paper and pound to a 1/3" thickness.
- In small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add 4 tablespoons finely chopped shallots and cook until shallots are lightly browned.
- Add 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce and heat to bubbling.
- Keep the sauce hot.
- Heat 6 tablespoons of butter in a 12" skillet or chafing dish.
- When it begins to brown, add steaks and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer or until done to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.
- Spread the shallot sauce over the steaks and sprinkle with chopped parsley.