English Sweet and Sour Ribs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbbeef short ribs
2 tspseasoned salt
1/2 ccooking oil
2 conion, sliced
1.5 chot water
8 Tbspdark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cred wine vinegar
2minced garlic cloves
2 largebay leaves
How to Make English Sweet and Sour Ribs
- Short ribs should be meaty and cut in the English cut.
- Trim excess fat from short ribs.
- Combine flour, seasoned salt and pepper; dredge short ribs.
- Brown ribs in oil on all sides in dutch oven.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Add onions and cook until golden brown.
- Place ribs on top of onions.
- Combine water, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic and bay leaves; pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake in 350 oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.