English Sweet and Sour Ribs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 lb
- beef short ribs
- 3/4 c
- 2 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- cooking oil
- 2 c
- onion, sliced
- 1.5 c
- hot water
- 8 Tbsp
- dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- red wine vinegar
- minced garlic cloves
- 2 large
- bay leaves
How to Make English Sweet and Sour Ribs
- 1Short ribs should be meaty and cut in the English cut.
- 2Trim excess fat from short ribs.
- 3Combine flour, seasoned salt and pepper; dredge short ribs.
- 4Brown ribs in oil on all sides in dutch oven.
- 5Remove meat from pan.
- 6Add onions and cook until golden brown.
- 7Place ribs on top of onions.
- 8Combine water, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic and bay leaves; pour over ribs.
- 9Cover and bake in 350 oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- 10Remove bay leaves before serving.