A TOH Recipe.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) velveeta pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
How to Make Enchiladas Verdes
- 1In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in cheddar cheese; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook and stir the soup, process cheese and milk over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in chilies and pimientos.
- 2In a large skillet, fry tortillas, one at a time, in oil for 5 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Place a scant 1/4 cup of reserved meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over the top.
Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.