This recipe was given to me by my mom, and I remember putting it in the oven for her when I was a teen in the late 60s to be done by the time she got home from nursing school.
- 1 lb
- leanest ground beef
- 1 can(s)
- 6 large
- corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 c
- (approx) cheddar cheese
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoe sauce
- 1 small can(s)
- sliced black olives (optional)
- onion, diced
- chili powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Enchilada Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In large frying pan chunk up and brown meat with the chopped onion until beef is browned and onion is clear in color.
- 3Add the tomato sauce, drained Mexicorn, drained black olives (if desired), salt, pepper and chili powder. Let this mixture cook on medium low for a few minutes.
- 4Spray Pam cooking spray or olive oil all around medium casserole dish,
- 5Start layering your tortillas, meat mixture and cheese (in that order)in the casserole dish starting with a tortilla on the bottom and ending with cheese on top. There will be 6 layers in all.
- 6Pour 1/3 c. water over the whole thing. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 7Serve with light sour cream and shredded lettuce or other salad. Enjoy! (recipe can be doubled. Use a 9x13 inch pan or 2 med. casseroles.)