- 1 1/2-2 lb
- your favorite meatloaf recipe (or see below for mine)
- 1 lb
- washed peeled or unpeeled potatoes cut into bite size
- 1 lb
- baby carrots or peeled carrots cut into about 1 inch lengths (baby carrots seem to work better though)
- 1 medium
- onion cut into thick strips
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine (if using butter, add about a tbs oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
How to Make Electric skillet meatloaf and veggies
- 1make your favorite meatloaf mixture or take 2lbs lean ground beef, about 1/4 cup ketchup or BBQ sauce (more or less to taste), 1 egg, about 1/4 to 1/2c bread crumbs, 1 sm. chopped onion, 1/2c chopped green pepper and 1-2 cloves minced garlic. season to taste with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and rosemary. For an extra punch...add a 1/4tsp red pepper. Mix to combine. Form into round shape. (I just use the mixing bowl)
- 2prepare the potatoes, carrots and onions. Melt the butter in a large electric skillet set to 250 degrees. When hot, add the meatloaf to the center of the pan. Surround with the veggie. Season veggies liberally with salt,pepper and garlic powder.
- 3Place the lid on the skillet. Then just walk away. Allow the meatloaf to cook about 45 min. or until desired doneness.
- 4This also works well with 1 can cut green beans.