Easy Weeknight Corned Beef Hash
- 5-6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium to large onion
- 1-12 ounce can corned beef
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup half and half or milk (you may also use evaporated milk)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Easy Weeknight Corned Beef Hash
- 1Peel and cut up potatoes. Peel and quarter onion. Place potatoes and onion in dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return to dutch oven.
- 2Remove corned beef from can and cut into pieces. Add corned beef, butter, salt and pepper to taste. Add half and half a little at a time until reaching the desired consistancy (it shouldn't be dry, but it also shouldn't be runny). Cook on low to medium heat for about 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through, lightly stirring occassionally.
- 3Serve with vegetable or salad and rolls or biscuits.
VARIATION: You may also add one can of whole kernal corn (drained) prior to heating, if desired.