- 1 lb
- ground turkey breast or lean ground beef
- 16 oz jar picante sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 pkg
- refrigerated pizza dough, like pillsbury
- 1-1/2 c
- shredded mexican style cheese, i used reduced-fat
How to Make Easy taco pockets
- 1Heat oven to 375. In lg skillet, over med-high heat, brown ground turkey or ground beef. If using ground beef, drain of any fat. Stir in picante sauce, heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook 5 mins.
- 2Remove pan from heat, let cool. In small bowl, beat egg and water. On lightly floured surface, unroll 1 pkg pizza dough. Roll dough into a rectangle. Cut dough into 4 equal size rectangles. Spoon 1/3 ground turkey or beef lengthwise down center of each rectangle.
- 3Sprinkle w/ 2 tbsp cheese. Brush pockets w/ egg wash. Sprinkle tops of each pocket w/ 1 tbsp cheese. Repeat w/ 2nd pizza dough. Place pockets on a baking sheet. Bake 20 mins, or until golden brown. Sreve w/ extra picante sauce or sour cream.