Easy Oriental Beef Stir-Fry1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbtop round steak
1/3 cwalnuts, chopped
2 Tbspdry sherry
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbsppeanut oil
1garlic clove, thinly sliced
16 ozfrozen mixed vegetables
2 chot cooked rice
How to Make Easy Oriental Beef Stir-Fry
- Partially freeze beef top round steak to firm and cut lengthwise in half.
- Slice across the grain into thin strips l/8-inch thick; reserve.
- Heat large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add walnuts and stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned; reserve.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir in sherry and soy sauce. Reserve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and beef strips (1/2 at a time) and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Remove; reserve.
- Add remaining oil to same pan; cook vegetables over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in reserved beef strips.
- Add reserved cornstarch mixture; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly.
- Serve stir-fry over rice; sprinkle with reserved walnuts.