Easy Ground Beef Hoagies
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- fresh, sliced mushrooms (you may also used canned)
- 1 small
- onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg
- mushroom gravy mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- hoagie rolls
- additional shredded mozzarella cheese or any other hard cheese that you prefer
SPECIAL NOTE: YOU MAY NEED TO ADJUST THE AMOUNT OF WATER TO MAKE THE PACKAGE GRAVY MIX. I'VE NOTICED THAT TODAY'S GRAVY MIXES SEEM TO BE A BIT MORE WATERY AND DON'T THICKEN UP LIKE THEY USED TO.
How to Make Easy Ground Beef Hoagies
- 1Wash and slice mushrooms; peel, quarter and slice onion and set aside. In large skillet, heat 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil. When hot, add mushrooms, onions and ground beef. Add seasonings and cook until ground beef is browned, onions are transparent and mushrooms are cooked. Drain and blot with paper towels to remove as much excess grease as possible, return to pan and set aside.
- 2Prepare mushroom gravy mix according to package directions. When done, pour into ground beef mixture and add mozzarella cheese. Continue to heat until cheese melts and mixture is thoroughly heated.
- 3Slice hoagie rolls and spoon mixture into rolls. Add additional cheese, if desired and serve with chips, fries, salads or any other sides you like.
- 4This recipe is very easily tweeked to your family's likings. You may also add in extras such as green peppers or spice it up with jalapeno peppers. You can also adjust the seasonings. This recipe is very easily doubled or even trippled to serve a lot of people. I sincerely hope that y'all enjoy!