1 lbground beef
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 can(s)large buttermilk biscuits
2 can(s)nacho cheese soup
1 1/4 cmilk
·sour cream (optional)
·diced tomatoes (optional)
·shredded lettuce (optional)
·sliced avocadoes (optional)
·flour (for rolling out biscuits)
How to Make Easy Empanadas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover counter with aluminum foil or parchment paper (for easy clean up).
- Dust a thin layer of flour on foil and on your rolling pin and begin rolling out the biscuits until they're about 3" in diameter and set aside. Don't have a rolling pin? No problem just use a large drinking glass!
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and cook as directed on package.
- Spoon the taco meat into the centers of each biscuit and fold into half-circles.
- Using a floured fork, pinch the edges of each biscuit closed and arrange on a shallow baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until empanadas are golden brown on top.
- While the empanadas are baking, combine milk and nacho cheese soup in a small pan and heat til slowly bubbling. Set aside.
- Dice the tomatoes and slice the avocados and set aside.
- Once the empanadas are done baking, arrange on plate and generously top with nacho cheese soup.
- Set out sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and sliced avocados so each person can personalize their dishes with their favorite toppings! :)