Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 2 lb
- beef sirloin steak, boneless, cut into skinny strips or small cubes
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 pkg
- wide egg noodles, cooked in salted water
- 1 Tbsp
- margarine or olive oil for cooking onions and beef
- 4 pkg
- mccormicks brown gravy mix
- 1 can(s)
- mushrooms, stem and pieces are ok or can use fresh. if using canned, drain
- 4 c
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
- 3/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
How to Make Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 1Put noodles into salted, boiling water until tender. Remove from heat, drain and set aside..Dice onion, and cut up beef.
- 2Saute onion and steak in two Tbs. of margarine until steak is done throughout.
- 3Add mushrooms and garlic salt In a large measuring container, add the four packages of gravy mix to four cups of water. Stir until well blended Pour into the steak mixture. Cook on low for about twenty minutes until mixture thickens. Stir often to keep from sticking.
- 4Add ketchup and stir well. You can add the sour cream to the stroganoff while it's on the stove or just let everyone add it themselves. Serve over the drained noodles.Salt and Pepper to taste.