Easy Beef Stroganoff
This recipe is super easy! And if you use a good cut of beef, you may only have to cook for approx. 30 minutes. This recipe is all in the taste, and very adaptable to changes!
- 1-2 lbs lb
- sirloin steak, or any type of beef, cut into bite size pieces
- olive oil
- 1 can(s)
- campbells cream of mushroom soup
- campbells beef broth
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic salt to taste (or i use the fresh minced garlic/juice in the jar)
- salt & pepper to taste
- flour (if desired-i don't usually use)
- sour cream (if desired)
- egg noodles (i use reames frozen egg noodles)
How to Make Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 1Choose the beef you are going to use. It calls for Sirloin, but only because it doesn't have to cook long to be tender. If you use a cheaper cut, you may have to simmer up to 2 hours. I have even used rib eye! Cut beef into bite size pieces.
- 2Heat a little olive oil in a skillet (skillet should be deep enough to hold all the ingredients)
- 3If desired, dredge meat in seasoned flour (or salt & pepper bare meat. I skip the flour, just because its healthier). If you dredge in flour, you will have to watch it closer so it doesn't stick and burn. I choose to just brown the bare meat in the olive oil.
- 4You don't have to add more mushrooms, but I do if I have them on hand. Either canned, or while the meat is cooking saute fresh mushrooms in butter or olive oil, then add to beef mixture.
- 5When meat chunks are no longer pink, stir in both soups. Add the ketchup, worcestershire, garlic. You may add more pepper too if you'd like. It's all in the taste!
- 6Cover and simmer, stirring frequently so it doesn't stick. Meanwhile, boil your noodles, then drain.
- 7When your meat is tender (depending on what you used) turn off the heat and stir in your sour cream if you'd like (my family does not really like the sour cream, so I usually skip it.)
Spoon over your noodles.