Easy Beef Pot Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1-lg. can(s)
- dinty moore beef stew ( family size can)
- 1-16oz can(s)
- green beans .. drained
- 1-small can(s)
- peas, drained
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- 1 1/3 c
- solid shortening
- 10 Tbsp
- ice cold water 10 tablespoons
How to Make Easy Beef Pot Pie
- 1Put the stew in a large bowl ... taking some of the juice out to blend in the corn starch until it is dissolved. Once dissolved, stir into the stew.
- 2Open the green beans and peas and drain well .. and mix them into the stew.
- 3Now put the flour and salt in a bowl .... add the solid shortening and cut it into the flour until it resembles a small pea.
- 4Add the 10 tablespoons of water and blend with a fork until it forms a ball and leaves the sides of the bowl. Divide into 2 balls. Roll one ball out so that it will fit a large deep casserole dish. Bringing the dough up the sides and over the edge slightly.
- 5Fill the dish with the stew mixture. Spreading out evenly. Roll the 2nd ball out to fit over the top .. Bring the bottom crust over the top and pinch a scalloped edge around the dish. Cut a couple of slits in the middle for steam to escape.
- 6Brush the crust with an egg wash. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let the dish set for a half hour before serving.