Easy Beef Pot Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1-lg. can(s)dinty moore beef stew ( family size can)
1-16oz can(s)green beans .. drained
1-small can(s)peas, drained
2 Tbspcorn starch
4 call purpose flour
1 1/3 csolid shortening
10 Tbspice cold water 10 tablespoons
How to Make Easy Beef Pot Pie
- Put the stew in a large bowl ... taking some of the juice out to blend in the corn starch until it is dissolved. Once dissolved, stir into the stew.
- Open the green beans and peas and drain well .. and mix them into the stew.
- Now put the flour and salt in a bowl .... add the solid shortening and cut it into the flour until it resembles a small pea.
- Add the 10 tablespoons of water and blend with a fork until it forms a ball and leaves the sides of the bowl. Divide into 2 balls. Roll one ball out so that it will fit a large deep casserole dish. Bringing the dough up the sides and over the edge slightly.
- Fill the dish with the stew mixture. Spreading out evenly. Roll the 2nd ball out to fit over the top .. Bring the bottom crust over the top and pinch a scalloped edge around the dish. Cut a couple of slits in the middle for steam to escape.
- Brush the crust with an egg wash. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let the dish set for a half hour before serving.