East Meets South of the Border Fajitas
Ingredients needed to start with the letter "f".
1 lbflank steak, thinly sliced
5 cfrench beans, ends snipped and cut
2 tspfat, unsaturated
4flour tortillas (8-inch)
1/4 cfat, unsaturated
1/4 cfish sauce
3 clovefresh garlic, minced
2 Tbspfresh ginger, minced
1 tspfive spice powder
How to Make East Meets South of the Border Fajitas
- In bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Reserve and refrigerate 1/2 of mixture for later use. Pour other 1/2 of marinade into a large zip-lock bag, add the steak, and seal. Place in a baking dish and refrigerate for at least 4 and up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- After meat is finished marinating, remove meat. Discard the marinade.
- Heat 1 teaspoon fat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan, and sauté for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Wipe pan dry with paper towel. Add remaining 1 teaspoon fat to pan; heat over medium-high heat. Add beans to pan. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Return beef to pan. Stir in reserved marinade; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes to warm and soften. Remove from the oven and keep warm in the aluminum foil.
- Divide beef and bean mixture among warmed tortillas and enjoy.