Dutch's EASY-EASY Meatloaf
How to Make Dutch's EASY-EASY Meatloaf
- Make a Meatloaf to your favorite recipe, omitting any bread or cracker crumbs.
- Crush the pork rinds in a Ziplock bag w/ a rolling pin until they're coarse powder.
- Substitute the crushed pork rind for whatever you used as your binder. Same consistency as what you normally make.
- Either bake it in an oven or do as I did, use a greased stoneware Bundt pan and into the microwave for 15~17min on high, checking at the 3/4 mark for doneness. You can use a food thermometer or an old Chef's trick if you like. Stick a BBQ stick/skewer into the center and quickly put it under your lower lip. If it's HOT, you're most likely done. You can always stick it back in for a minute or two.
- The reason for this method? I have a buddy that loves meatloaf. He does NOT like breading or crackers of any kind in it. I told him "You HAVE to have some binder to help it hold together". I agonized and then a light bulb flashed!!! :-) You can't tell that pork rind is in there. Holds well and slices fine for those wonderful fried in butter thin slices for sandwiches the next day. So your arteries scream! So WHAT! :-)