Dutch's EASY-EASY Hungarian Goulash
2 lbbeef chuck roast or stew meat, cubed
1large onion, diced
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1 1/2 tspsalt
2 tspsweet paprika
1/2 tspdry mustard powder
1 1/4 cwater
1/4 call purpose flour
1 pkgwide egg noodles (optional)
How to Make Dutch's EASY-EASY Hungarian Goulash
- Place the roast in your slow cooker and cover w/ the diced onion.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ketchup, one cup of water and the spices. Mix well and pour over the meat.
- Cook on low 5~6hrs or until very tender. I was in a hurry and did it on high for 4 1/2hrs.
- When it's done, make a slurry of the remaining 1/4C. water and 1/4C all purpose flour. Stir in and cook 10~15min on high or until sauce thickens. I served mine over wide egg noodles.
- I've had some pretty good Goulashes over the years and this one rates right up there.