Dutch Spiced Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbround steak
1 largespanish onion, sliced
1 tspprepared mustard
4 can(s)spiced onions
How to Make Dutch Spiced Beef
- Cut steak into 4 pieces; rub with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in large frying-pan until hot but not brown.
- Brown meat on both sides; remove to platter.
- Add sliced onions to frying-pan and fry lightly; remove from pan.
- Add water to frying-pan, scraping pan to loosen any bits of beef.
- Return meat to pan; cover with onion slices.
- Add vinegar, mustard, bay leaf and cloves.
- Cover and cook slowly 1 1/2 hours or until tender, turning every 1/2 hour.
- Place steaks on serving platter.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves and place onions on platter.
- Granish each steak with 1 spiced onion and 3 pimiento strips.