Dutch Spiced Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- round steak
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 large
- spanish onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- 1.5 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- prepared mustard
- bay leaf
- whole cloves
- 4 can(s)
- spiced onions
- pimiento strips
How to Make Dutch Spiced Beef
- 1Cut steak into 4 pieces; rub with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat butter in large frying-pan until hot but not brown.
- 3Brown meat on both sides; remove to platter.
- 4Add sliced onions to frying-pan and fry lightly; remove from pan.
- 5Add water to frying-pan, scraping pan to loosen any bits of beef.
- 6Return meat to pan; cover with onion slices.
- 7Add vinegar, mustard, bay leaf and cloves.
- 8Cover and cook slowly 1 1/2 hours or until tender, turning every 1/2 hour.
- 9Place steaks on serving platter.
- 10Remove bay leaf and cloves and place onions on platter.
- 11Granish each steak with 1 spiced onion and 3 pimiento strips.