Down Home Meat Loaf
2 - 2-1/2 lbhamburger meat (i use the 93% lean kind)
1 can(s)(15 ounce size) tomatoe sauce
1/2 pkgsaltine crackers, crushed
1/2 cfinely diced bell pepper
1/2 cfinely diced sweet onion
1/4 ctomato ketchup
2rings bell pepper
2rings sweet onion
How to Make Down Home Meat Loaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form into a loaf shape in a casserole or loaf pan. Cover the entire top of the loaf with the tomato ketchup.
- Place the rings of bell pepper and onion on top of the loaf.
- Make an aluminum foil 'bubble' to go over the loaf. The foil must not touch the loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven for 80 to 90 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, remove the foil bubble from the top.