Down Home Meat Loaf
- 2 - 2-1/2 lb
- hamburger meat (i use the 93% lean kind)
- 1 can(s)
- (15 ounce size) tomatoe sauce
- large egg
- 1/2 pkg
- saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 c
- finely diced bell pepper
- 1/2 c
- finely diced sweet onion
- 1/4 c
- tomato ketchup
- rings bell pepper
- rings sweet onion
How to Make Down Home Meat Loaf
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 3Form into a loaf shape in a casserole or loaf pan. Cover the entire top of the loaf with the tomato ketchup.
- 4Place the rings of bell pepper and onion on top of the loaf.
- 5Make an aluminum foil 'bubble' to go over the loaf. The foil must not touch the loaf.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 80 to 90 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, remove the foil bubble from the top.