Dorothy's Chow Mein Hot Dish
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 smallpackage chow mein noodles
1/2 mediumchopped onion
1 can(s)cream of tomato soup
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
2 tspsoy sauce
2 cchopped celery
1 ccelery juice
1 lbground beef
2 Tbspvegetable oil
How to Make Dorothy's Chow Mein Hot Dish
- Brown ground beef and onion in oil. Drain.
- Cook celery separately in about 1 cup water until tender enough for your preference (remembering it will cook more as dish bakes).
- Strain celery, reserving liquid and adding enough water to equal 1 cup if needed.
- Mix all ingredients together in fry pan with the meat and onion.
- Put layer of noodles in bottom of greased casserole, then layer of the meat mixture. Layer remainder of meat mixture and noodles, ending with noodles on top.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes until noodles on top are golden brown.