Don's Crowd-Pleasing Chili
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef or if preferred ground turkey can be used
- 1 c
- sweet white onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1 4 oz. jar(s)
- mexene chili seasoning[ to start see directions]
- 4 c
- unseasoned tomato sauce
- 2 c
- hot water
- beef boullion cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil[ i prefer canola oil]
How to Make Don's Crowd-Pleasing Chili
- 1In a large sauce pan or Dutch oven over medium to high heat, brown the ground meat in the cooking oil with onions and garlic powder breaking it up as it browns. When meat is browned, start sprinkling in Mexene, stirring as you sprinkle. Continue sprinkling Mexene and stirring until the seasoned browned meat has a rich orange color. Stir in tomato sauce.
- 2DISSOLVE the 2 BEEF BOULLION CUBES IN THE HOT WATER AND STIR INTO THE MIX. Stir well and taste it. The taste SHOULD LEAVE A LITTLE BITE in the back of the mouth and throat, but not so much as to be unpleasant. Add more garlic powder and/or Mexene until you get the flavor you like. Simmer on low for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally.
- 3Serve in a large soup bowl over a little cooked spaghetti or macaroni and topped with shredded cheddar cheese and raw chopped sweet onion. I also crush a couple of saltine crackers in mine. Good luck and I hope you enjoy. As with all chili, this is even better reheated the next day.