Diabetic Double Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
There’s plenty to savor in these burgers. They’re stuffed with two kinds of cheese, so every bite is a creamy delight. Don’t leave out the grilled onions. They provide a sweet, caramelized foil to the rich meat.
PER SANDWICH: 654 calories, 49.5 g total fat (17 g saturated fat), 39 g protein, 30.5 g carbohydrate, 145 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 2 g fiber
2 lbground beef (93% lean)
1 (5.2oz) pkggarlic and herb spreadable cheese
1 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
1/8 tspsea salt
1 largesweet onion, sliced (1/4 inch)
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
6kaiser rolls, split
6green leaf lettuce leaves
How to Make Diabetic Double Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
- Heat grill.
- Form beef into 12 (4-inch) patties 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine spreadable cheese, cheddar cheese, parsley and salt in medium bowl.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions; spoon on top of 6 of the patties, spreading to within 3/4 inch of edge.
- Top with remaining patties; pinch edges to seal well.
- Brush onion slices with oil.
- Grill burgers and onions, covered, over medium heat or coals 10 to 12 minutes or until burgers are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center and onions are tender and beginning to char, turning once.
- Grill rolls, covered, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted; spread with Bunyanaisse.
- Top burgers with onions & lettuce; serve in rolls.