Diabetic Double Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
There’s plenty to savor in these burgers. They’re stuffed with two kinds of cheese, so every bite is a creamy delight. Don’t leave out the grilled onions. They provide a sweet, caramelized foil to the rich meat.
PER SANDWICH: 654 calories, 49.5 g total fat (17 g saturated fat), 39 g protein, 30.5 g carbohydrate, 145 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 2 g fiber
- 2 lb
- ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 (5.2oz) pkg
- garlic and herb spreadable cheese
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 large
- sweet onion, sliced (1/4 inch)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 c
- green leaf lettuce leaves
How to Make Diabetic Double Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
- 1Heat grill.
- 2Form beef into 12 (4-inch) patties 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Combine spreadable cheese, cheddar cheese, parsley and salt in medium bowl.
- 4Divide mixture into 6 portions; spoon on top of 6 of the patties, spreading to within 3/4 inch of edge.
- 5Top with remaining patties; pinch edges to seal well.
- 6Brush onion slices with oil.
- 7Grill burgers and onions, covered, over medium heat or coals 10 to 12 minutes or until burgers are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center and onions are tender and beginning to char, turning once.
- 8Grill rolls, covered, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted; spread with Bunyanaisse.
- 9Top burgers with onions & lettuce; serve in rolls.