Depression Dinner From Iowa State Fair 1977
It looks and sounds delicious to me, and, other than the bacon, fairly inexpensive.
The not-so-good photo is my photograph of the magazine's photograph!
- 3 lb
- lean ground beef
- 6 large
- carrots, grated (about 3 cups)
- 1 large
- onion, grated
- 2 medium
- potatoes, grated, (about 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp
- salt, or to taste
- pepper to taste
- slices bacon, (bout 1 lb)
- minced parsley (optional)
How to Make Depression Dinner From Iowa State Fair 1977
- 1Mix beef, carrots, onion, potatoes, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2Divide meat mixture and form into 14 patties. Wrap a slice of bacon around edge of each patty; secure with toothpicks.
- 3Broil or grill both sides to desired doneness. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley, if desired.