Deli Brisket Bake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2.5 lbbeef brisket
1/2 cprepared mustard
1/4 cwhole mixed pickling spices
1/4 lbswiss cheese, grated
How to Make Deli Brisket Bake
- Place brisket on aluminum foil.
- Spread each side of the brisket with prepared mustard and whole mixed pickling spices.
- Wrap foil tightly around brisket and place in 8 x 10 baking dish.
- Bake in slow oven (225 degrees) 3 1/2 hours or until done.
- Remove brisket from foil.
- Scrape off and discard pickling spices from brisket and trim any excess fat.
- Cut brisket into 4 to 6 equal portions and place in 8 x 10 baking dish.
- Rinse and drain sauerkraut and place on top of brisket.
- Sprinkle with grated swiss cheese.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese has browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with prepared mustard.